Are you ready to have a professional graphic designer on retainer? Having a creative eye on your marketing collateral first will put your mind at ease.
It will help you do what you do best and leaving the graphic design projects to the professional graphic designer! A retainer service is perfect for someone needing design services throughout the business quarter or even year.
Contracting a graphic designer on retainer has six excellent benefits for you to consider before taking the plunge.
6 BENEFITS OF HIRING A GRAPHIC DESIGNER ON RETAINER
- Peace of Mind – Confidence that project deadlines are met. Having a graphic designer that cares about your brand as much as you do makes good business sense.
- Eye on Your Project First – Priority for design projects each month. Having a designers attention on your project will give you the confidence that your brand is staying consistent with your brand guidelines.
- Accounting Simplification – A set amount is paid each month for the duration of a retainer contract. This can help you stay organized and know that a specific amount is due on the first of the month.
- Less Paperwork – Eliminate the per-project agreements to sign and multiple invoices to track. If hire a graphic designer on retainer you essentially get back time by not having to do continuous paperwork and signing contracts for each project scope.
- No Payroll Overwhelm – No reason to hire an employee because you have access to a professional designer without the overhead associated with hiring an employee.
- Discount – You get a decreased rate based on the monthly hourly price compared to premium freelance fees. This could save you money and time, it is a win, win.
Usually, the duration of a retainer will go something like this: – A minimum of a 3-month commitment to contract a graphic designer on retainer. The monthly hours, for example, could be 10 hours, 20 hours or 30 hours a month based on what you think is best for your business and the amount of work you have to hand over each month.
A discovery call between you and your designer can give you clarity on how many hours the designer can allocate a month to your design projects.
It’s important to find the right graphic designer that fits your style and aesthetics. Here is a good article that may help you choose the right designer for your business.
If you think you are ready to hand off your marketing design projects first check out my new service The Creative Design Retainer Program here and see if it may be a good fit for you.
Until Next Time,
Create What You Love, Stay Inspired!